10/12/2021

THiNK! My Challenge To Maria Ressa & All Other Truth-Minded Journalists


Above, displayed is my own photograph taken with my Lumix FZ100 digital camera and displayed on my external 20-inch ViewSonic monitor in my workroom, dated 2016. Today, I call it “Windows On Windows!” (WoW!). I am prompted to display it as I write about Filipino Maria Ressa, CEO of Rappler, today Friday, 10 Dec 2021, in Oslo, Norway, to share the Nobel Peace Prize 2021 with Russian Dmitri Muratov.
  

(My WoW photograph taken 28-08-2016)

WoW! The above is my image of today’s journalism in actual practice, for which both Filipino and Russian have been awarded the Nobel. Current journalism is 8 views out of 1 view. As guide, The Trust Project teaches us to “Learn The 8 Trust Indicators[1]” of Trusted Journalism:

Labels: The purpose of the story is clear
References: You can find and access the sources
Local: The journalist uses local knowledge
Diversity: The story brings in many kinds of people
Actionable Feedback: The news organization allows readers to participate
Methods: We can tell the process used to make the story
Best Practices: The journalist or news organization explains their ownership and standards

Look at my WoW photograph again and you will see 8 windows out of 1 window shot that I made – in practice, each journalist, Filipino or not, write and submit a news report with any number of those Indicators in a single story:

In journalism today, worldwide, to each his/her own story!

Choose your field; I have chosen mine – Agriculture, with its related fields & sciences like Aquaculture and Forestry.

I say: The practice of journalism should be the same whether you are writing about Agriculture or Zoom – THiNK! First and Always.

Investigate More!

True? If True, is it
Helpful? If Helpful, is it
Inspiring? If Inspiring, is it
Necessary? If Necessary, is it
Kind?
THiNK!

Truth Helps Inspire Nation in Kind!

Can “THiNK! Journalism” be done really? Surely! I have been doing it digitally in the last 20 years. In this blog alone, RegINA, Queen Mother Earth, in the last 3 years I have already blogged almost 1,000 essays (997 today), in self-controlled writing, each 517-words long, hardly embarrassing anyone written about.

Journalists must always engage in the
Truth that Boosts, not Besets.
Truth that Composes, not Decomposes.
Truth that Distinguishes, not Extinguishes.
Truth that Expands, not Expends.
Truth that Honors, not Dishonors.
Truth that Humanizes, not Dehumanizes.
Truth that Includes, not Excludes.
Truth that Promotes, not Demotes.
Truth that Upgrades, not Downgrades.
Above all
Truth that cerebrates and celebrates.
THiNK!
Truth That Helps Inspire The Nation In Kind & Kindness!

I’m a lone wolf, but I thank God anyway for my journalism that tries to expand Good and exalt God. THiNK! Journalism will never give me a Nobel Peace Prize – until Nobel becomes intellectually aware of the Digital World, which is a million times larger than the Nobel World.

Journalists:
If instead of Truth Journalism
you practice THiNK! Journalism,
you will receive not Threats but Treats,
you will expand not Terror but Tenor,
Trust and Territorial Triumph!
@517



[1]https://thetrustproject.org/trusted-journalism/

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Writer Sees, “When Farm Groups Go Up, Up Goes The Nation!” Kadiwa Is A Godsend – Whose Idea Do You Think?

National recovery is a prime concern of the Du30 Administration, and this is visible in the latest joint move of government agencies to gene...