27/11/2021

Let Maria Ressa Go To Oslo! Plus+ Nobel Prize For THiNK! Journalism, What Do You Think!?

My unsolicited advice to my PH President Rodrigo Roa Duterte: See that Maria Ressa, CEO of Rappler, obtains her visa to travel to Oslo, Norway to personally receive her Nobel Peace Prize on 10 December 2021. A gift to us Filipinos!

The news by Lian Buanis, “Calida Blocks Maria Ressa’s Travel For Nobel Prize: She’s A ‘Flight Risk’” (25 Nov 2021, Rappler.com):

Calling the Rappler CEO a "flight risk," Solicitor General Jose Calida has filed an opposition with the Court of Appeals (CA) seeking to bar Maria Ressafrom traveling to Oslo, Norway, in December to personally receive her Nobel Peace Prize.

An unkind Christmas present! No, I do not approve of Maria Ressa’s Truth Journalism, but a world prize is a world prize! And this is the first for a Filipino.

I call mine “THiNK! Journalism.” Preferentially, my kind of journalism is derived from Zig Ziglar’s THINK advice, a very rich lesson from one of the world’s greatest motivational speaker, who said:

Think before you speak:
Is it True?
Is it Helpful?
Is it Inspiring?
Is it Necessary?
It is Kind?
(Above inset imag
e[1] from Twitter.com)

I am a self-styled, self-taught journalist, formal education being a BSA major in Ag Edu  from UP Los BaƱos, ’65, with a Civil Service Professional eligibility, '64.

I have been browsing the world at leisure at home since the early 1990s when the Internet came to the Philippines. I am a work-from-home communicator. The creator and donor of the Nobel Prizes, Alfred Nobel said:

Home is where I work, and I work everywhere.

And so do I. Thank God for the Internet! And thank God for Agriculture, the biggest industry of our age.

Nobel also said, “Second to agriculture, humbug is the biggest industry of our age.” Humbug means deception, pretenseAmerican Heritage Dictionary. In my self-imposed role as promoter of THiNK! journalism, the deceptions in agriculture may not be intentional but they must be pointed out necessarily – towards the adoption of Regenerative Agriculture (RA), thanks to Robert Rodale of the Rodale Institute for coming out with this concept.

Let me apply my journalism to Hilario’s regenerative agriculture, on field cultivation:

True?
I break the soil shallowly with a rotavator, blades cutting to pieces both soil and crop refuse and mixing them in one rotating motion, creating a surface mulch all over the field. (In contrast, a disc plow breaks the soil into clods that dry up easily.)

Helpful?
With the vegetative compost already applied on the field, I farmer already have an organic mulchautomatically applied on my farm! This will result in a bountiful harvest.

Inspiring?
Above, so much labor and so much organic fertilizer applied with little labor should be inspiring to any farmer.

Necessary?
The above steps are necessary for me the farmer to decrease costs and increasenet income!

Kind?
The above Hilario’s regenerative agriculture technique altogether is also kind to the environment as there is no chemical fertilizer or pesticide applied!

Give me regenerative agriculture anytime!@517



[1]https://twitter.com/TheZigZiglar/status/873283566163152896/photo/1

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Writer Sees, “When Farm Groups Go Up, Up Goes The Nation!” Kadiwa Is A Godsend – Whose Idea Do You Think?

National recovery is a prime concern of the Du30 Administration, and this is visible in the latest joint move of government agencies to gene...